HTC Desire S S-OFF hboot 2.00.002Posted: 2012/08/20
How to downgrade the hboot in order to be able to use revolutionary.io.
Most of the links in this post are not valid anymore. If you are interested by the subject try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399331.
The main source for this post was an article on miui-germany.de. You will need adb and fastboot. If you don’t want to install the full Android SDK you can download them from miui-germany.de or from here.
1. Put the phone in debug mode:
– disable fastboot Settings -> Power -> Fastboot or Settings -> Applications -> Fastboot.
– enable USB debugging Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
2. Unlock the bootloader:
– you will need to login on htcdev.com. If you don’t have an account create one.
– go to www.htcdev.com/bootloader.
– choose All Other Supported Models and follow the instructions.
3. Root and change version:
– start the phone in fastboot mode and connect the usb cable.
fastboot oem lock. Reboot the phone.
– download zergRush from miui-germany.de or from here.
– extract the content of zergRush.zip in the same folder as adb.exe.
adb push zergRush /data/local/tmp
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/zergRush
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
adb shell /data/local/tmp/zergRush
At this point the adb shell should close and restart with root permissions.
adb shell /data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.27.405.6.
4. Downgrade hboot:
– download RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1.
– run the RUU and follow the instructions on your PC screen.
– after 5 – 10 min the RUU will install Android 2.3.3, HBOOT 0.98.0000, S-ON.
5. Go to revolutionary.io and follow the instructions here to S-OFF your phone.